If you sell goods or products online, you know that attracting the right customers to your store is crucial. However, it can be difficult to know exactly what steps to take to convert them to buyers.
The simple truth is this: an online store that doesn’t do anything to attract the right customers (and retain the ones it has) won’t last for long. Even if your store has taken off, it’s important to keep actively attracting customers and improving the relationships you have with your current ones. Only in this way can you ensure the future well-being of your business.
In this post, we’ll talk more about the importance of continually working to attract customers to your online store. Then we’ll share three smart ways to achieve this and how you can effectively implement each technique.
Let’s get started!
The Importance of Attracting More Customers to Your Online Store
One of your first priorities is to attract customers. This is known as customer acquisition, and it’s closely related to retention (which is the act of keeping the customers you acquire).
Ensuring you have an active strategy for attracting (and retaining) customers is important. In fact, your store may fail without one in place. Such a strategy can ensure:
- A steady flow of customers. With only 43% of your revenue likely to come from repeat customers, it’s crucial to bring new ones to your site regularly. This will help to keep your revenue consistent, and it may even improve sales as your efforts take off.
- A continuance of customer satisfaction. The more satisfied your customers, the more likely they are to purchase from you again. In fact, 8% of your customers will provide a good chunk of your revenue. This means keeping them satisfied is vital for your business’ well being.
- A boost in sales. As a result of increased satisfaction, your business can see a boost in sales as you actively recruit new customers and work to keep the ones you have.
With customers as the bread and butter of any e-commerce store, it’s easy to see why attraction and retention are important. Fortunately, you don’t have to reinvent the wheel when creating a strategy.
3 Smart Ways to Attract More Customers and Boost Your Online Sales
There are plenty of ways you can attract more customers to your site, although we think the three outlined below are some of the easiest to implement and the most effective. Let’s take a look!
The effort you put into attracting and retaining customers will have a huge impact on your store’s success. While the process itself may seem overwhelming, it’s actually quite easy to get going once you know what steps to take.
In this post, we’ve outlined three techniques you can use to attract more customers and boost your online sales. To recap, they are:
1. Create a detailed buyer persona.
2. Upsell related products and services.
3. Use popups to add microinteractions to your site.
Do you have any questions about how to attract more customers and boost online sales? Let us know in the comments section below!